Thursday, January 7, 2010

Our trip to the zoo

This definitely isn't an unusual event.  Hope and I go to the Honolulu Zoo at least once a month it seems.  She LOVES it and I do too.  It's a fun relaxing time and a lot of exercise to boot!  Our trip was a bit shorter this time than Hope would have liked (only put 2 1/2 hours in the meter) but we'll be heading back with our playgroup at the end of the month.  Here are some photos from the day.

Here is a very pretty black swan.  I didn't even know there were black swans until our first trip to the Honolulu Zoo.




Here is a photo of Hope looking pretty and contemplative.



This was a very pretty tiger who came over to watch me while I took pictures of her.  These creatures  are SO fascinatingly beautiful!


There is a wonderful keiki area to the zoo which has a tunnel under a Koi fish tank. It's a fun place for the kids to play peek a boo with the fish.



There's a lemonade and shaved ice rest stop in the middle of the zoo.  It doesn't matter to us if we're thirsty or not we buy lemonade there EVERY time.  It's delicious!  I think Hope was thirsty this time.


There's also some adorable giraffe statues which make for beautiful photos.


This little guy looked so comfy I HAD to snap a photo. 


Thanks for sharing in our adventure.  We had a blast (as always!).

1 comment:

  1. We love going to our Zoo. Great pics! Love the tiger pic - they are my favorite animal.

    ReplyDelete